max temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugabooz

In Runtime
Hey guys, is there a temperature where the cpu turns off? I have mine overclocked at 10%. When i leave it downloading for a few hours, the screen is blank, and the cpu stopped. When i restart it works fine. My cpu is only at like 45C on load. Or would it be because the volatage is getting too high? Thanks

45C load is great. The max temperature would be around 60C on load, for 24/7 use. Since you overclocked, maybe you do need a little more voltage, to the CPU. But a 10% overclock hardly makes any difference.

um... your CPU stopped? your system is still running?

usually systems will shut down when CPU reaches an incredibly high temperature (all componenents) blue screen, total death etc.

like mentioned, when unstable add voltage but be wary of the temperatures

anyways, next time try running something that'll keep it on load, prime95, orthos etc. and watch what happens when it "turns off" to make sure its a CPU problem and not some global system error

Check your power saving options. Its probably just turning off from being inactive. And no, background processes dont count as activity as far as windows is concerned.

Check your power saving options. Its probably just turning off from being inactive. And no, background processes dont count as activity as far as windows is concerned.

some of them do, only a few though

you can see how big a percent of the cpu it uses in the "CPU" column in the procceses tab of the end task thing

Well ya, but i mean if all he is doing is downloading in the background, his computer is probably going into power saving mode and just refusing to come out. I know for some reason if i put my computer into hibernate it wont wake up. I actually had to hold down the power button until it went off, then reboot it 3 times to get it to come back up. Now i just shut it down completely if im not going to be using it for a few hours.

Well ya, but i mean if all he is doing is downloading in the background, his computer is probably going into power saving mode and just refusing to come out. I know for some reason if i put my computer into hibernate it wont wake up. I actually had to hold down the power button until it went off, then reboot it 3 times to get it to come back up. Now i just shut it down completely if im not going to be using it for a few hours.

OH JESUS! your right, he might have hibernate or something on heh

Well i had no problem downloading before i overclocked. Overclocking wouldnt turn on hibernate mode would it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom