Vista 32bit vs. 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Will installing the 64bit instead of 32 cause any major gaming compatability issues? Is it too soon? Or would it be fine? I'd like to run 64bit for a couple reasons, 1 being greater than 3Gb memory support (yeah yeah over 3g isnt needed etc..) and 2nd reason is that... I don't really have another reason. Seems to me I'd just like to have the 64bit lol. I just wanted to know if there were any major known issues over the 32 right now? Thanks for any help :)

The only problem you might run into is older hardware having driver issues and some older games not wanting to run, but thats more of a vista issue than 64bit.

oh gotcha thats cool. I dont run many old games anymore so no biggie there. And the hardware's all new. Cool thanks

Ya i'm in the process of trying to decide on if i really want to upgrade to vist 64 or not. Xp is rock solid, but progress is progress and now that i have a machine that can easily support vista and a dx10 card, the decision is getting harder.

lol i hated xp. couldnt stand it. I could find a new way to make xp spaz out every day lol. I've been running 32but vista ultimate for abotu 3 weeks now and have run into 1 minor nuissance and no real bugs. Or compatability problems. Some things actually run better >.> Only problem I'm having is the stupid monitor power saver option wont stay off. It resets itself back to "Turn monitor off after 20 min' every few hours, no matter how many times i select 'never'. Noone seems to know whats up lol. oh well

Sounds like the toshiba laptops we deal with here at work. Their power management settings never save. My problem at the momen is deciding between home premium or ultimate.

same problem eh? thats a bother, im not running laptop XD. I chose ultimate cause home premium has known issues with one of the online games I play. Thats pretty much the only reason. I don't think ultimate adds anything particularly special. A new microsoft windows game or two.

I am running Vista 64. It runs like a charm, but does have compatibillity problems. The problem is that many programs don't have drivers for Vista 64. Some programs I need to run for my work won't load on Vista 64. This is particularly a problem if you run an older version of software and you think you will install it on Vista 64. I will keep running it and hope the problems become less and less.

I prefer 32bit for at least 6 month from now will be the best Vista, cause 64bit have some more incompartibillity issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom