Lian Li Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

realmike15

Baseband Member
i'm looking to possibly upgrade to this case.
Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-G70B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

it looks like it's set up nicely and priced reasonably too for the make.

1x fan blowing across the PCI slots
1x fan blowing across your 3.5 HDs
1x fan exhausting out the CPU air

however the only exhaust fan seems to be covered so it only pulls air off the CPU.

if i mount my PSU on the bottom to draw out the air, the fan will be pointing at the bottom of the case. does anyone know if the face plate can be flipped around on the Lian Li cases, so i can mount my PSU in upside down and get the fan pointing up? it looks like there might be screws to do so by the picture, or are they bolts?

also should i consider getting another 120mm for the other PSU bay for more airflow? is that possible? would it make more sense to just get an extra PSU for extra juice?

heres my PSU btw, it's got a 120mm i'm hoping it moves air well enough.
Newegg.com - SeaSonic S12 II SS-500GB ATX12V / EPS12V 500W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - Retail

I'm pretty sure that exhaust fan is really an intake fan in the back that blows air onto the cpu

Until you flip it to blow air outside the case?

That looks pretty gimmicky and I'm pretty sure you'd do better getting a case without the duct and getting a Tunic Tower or other huge air cooling solution.

No, the back fan is exhaust.

I have the Lian-Li PC-A70, which is kinda similar. In my case, one of the power supply bays comes with a hard drive rack, that also has a 120mm exhaust fan (for two 120mm exhaust fans)

Lian Li Industrial Co., Ltd.

I've been modifying my Lian-Li case though, to fit a Thermochill PA120.3 radiator in the top, as well as for cable management, ans possibly a window:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/case-layout-150172/index2.html

so does anyone find PSUs w/ 120mm fans suitable for exhaust?

anyone know if the bracket for the PSU on the case if reversable, so i can mount a PSU upside down in the bottom?

so does anyone find PSUs w/ 120mm fans suitable for exhaust?

anyone know if the bracket for the PSU on the case if reversable, so i can mount a PSU upside down in the bottom?
I think you're supposed to mount it upside down (on the bottom, anyway)

but yes, you can mount it either way. the PSU brackets are detatchable, and held there by four thumbscrews.

I think you're supposed to mount it upside down (on the bottom, anyway)

but yes, you can mount it either way. the PSU brackets are detatchable, and held there by four thumbscrews.

thanks,

just another thought, anyone have any input on which mounting choice would actually have better circulation and cooling?

1. mounting my PSU at the bottom to be closer to the HD fan and PCI fan, to draw the heat out of the case

2. mounting my PSU at the top, since heat rises, to draw the heat out of the case

thanks,

just another thought, anyone have any input on which mounting choice would actually have better circulation and cooling?

1. mounting my PSU at the bottom to be closer to the HD fan and PCI fan, to draw the heat out of the case

2. mounting my PSU at the top, since heat rises, to draw the heat out of the case

top is probably better since the PSU itself also generates some heat (most of which is taken out by its own fan) thus being at the top, its heat and all the other heat will already be at the top, near its fan thus expelling it

PSU's generally have super strong fans too, so they can push lots of air... my OCZ Stealthstream sends air a good couple of feet 0_0

you need an exhaust fan (general case exhaust) in addition to the psu exhaust.
your psu will (probably) not be able to exhaust enough air to keep up with the intake fans.

No, the back fan is exhaust.

I have the Lian-Li PC-A70, which is kinda similar. In my case, one of the power supply bays comes with a hard drive rack, that also has a 120mm exhaust fan (for two 120mm exhaust fans)

I've been modifying my Lian-Li case though, to fit a Thermochill PA120.3 radiator in the top, as well as for cable management, ans possibly a window:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/case-layout-150172/index2.html

Look at all the Lian Li cases with an air duct. The rear fan is an intake fan that blows on the cpu. You could turn the fan around but obviously they did it for a reason. Scroll down and it shows how it dissipates air. I doubt the G70 has different airflow from these two cases. How sick is that anniversary aluminum/copper case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom