Simple Brisbane Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftEyeBlind

In Runtime
I've read a million times that theres something wrong with the AMD Brisbane reporting the wrong temps, Mine reports 50C on idle in Bios. I was wondering, if 2.42 was a safe overclock for the 1.9 3800+ with stock cooling, Without over heating. :happy:

Yea get speed fan or cpu-z and see if that will tell a different temp.

Brisbane's are known for going close to 3ghz I think. Maybe even past.

i've tried almost every program out there, all report wrong temps (they usually say 0C to 3C) .... So you think i'd be good running it at 2.4 on stock cooling without it overheating?

every one you try will be wrong.
n tune is usually accurate (at least its closedst to the bios reading). but there has been discussion of the temp sensors on brisbanes..well, just not working right.
with decent case airflow, you should be fine up to about 1.4+maybe a liitle more or so.
you should be able to get to 2.65 at least with stock cooling and low voltage.
by the way..i just typed all this out and noticed your sig. there is no 3800 brisbane.
go into cpuz and tell me your stepping(revision).
if it isnt G1, it isnt a brisbane.
its a windsor if you have an am2.

My mistake, it's a 3600+, I keep getting my digits confused.

untitledop8.jpg

Stock voltages, of course.

okay one thing you need to do is lower your HT multiplier to at least 4. if you plan to go higher on your clock speed, put it to 3.
that will keep your HT link under 1000, where it likes to be.
you should be able to make it to 2.6+
what chipset does your motherboard have?

in your bios.
it should be in the clock section/advanced chipset/ something like that.

i have no idea what your bios screens look like so i cant really tell you exactly.
i can tell you that right now, it is set at 5 .... (5 x 255 = 1275(ht link).
it will probably say "auto" in bios, but when you open it up will have 1-5.
you can leave it at 5, but i doubt your system is stable with it running that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom