Dvd-r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Beta member
Hi Everyone!

I would like to know what the difference between DVD-R + and DVD-R - is? And also can I connect a DVD-R drive to a ATA PCI expansion card?

Regards,

Cyrus

DVD+R is better quality than DVD-R. Are you oging to buy a burner, or looking for discs?

DVD-R writes data in a different way than DVD+R. Yes you can connect it to the card but if it has 2 channels and you also have a hard drive hooked up to it make sure the hard drive is on cannel 1 or 0 and that the dvd drive is on channel 2.

I'm gonna buy one.

But I guess it's trial and error to see which dvd roms/ players support DVD+R.

Thanks for all your replies.

Regards,

Cyrus

If you're gona buy a burner, I'd say you get a DVD+/-RW burner. It can burn DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW.

DVD+R is a better and works with every DVD player. DVD-R only works with some. DVD+R are a little more expensive.

Edit
I agree with the DVD+/-R Drive but go with the DVD+R disks

In the past it was the DVD-R that had the most compatibility with DVD players. Now they are probably about the same.

If you haven't bought one yet then I agree that buying the dual compatibility burner is the way to go. I don't know of any major manufacturer right now that only makes a single-format burner so a single format burner is probably old inventory and not supported by newer drivers. It's almost a guarantee that if you buy a single format that it will be the one that is not compatible with your setop DVD player(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom