Pre-watercooled case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Hey, I know it's better to build it from scratch with mixed parts, but I seen this case and was wondering if its any good? It's the same price as the cooler master stacker i was gonna get, but rather than having to lap a thermalright heatsink and stuffs to get some decent cooling on my q6600 OC, I was wondering if this would still do a way better cooling job than air? cause its not a bad price. ( even if the window on the armor case is fugly lol)

Thermaltake Armor LCS / Liquid Cooled Full Tower Case / Black / VE2000BWS - FrozenCPU.com

Don't trust any of Thermaltake's watercooling. They're famous for not being top quality, and they're more prone to leakage. The best air cooler can get you temperatures, close to TT's watercooling kits. And that is the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme(no fan included).

Nothing wrong with the TRUE although im definately going to have to lap mine, as im getting 5-10 degree differences between my cores. Whats really bad is that even when core 0 is idle, its still running the hottest.

yeah i've no doubt that TRUE rocks for air cooling XD i just dont think i could drop my new CPU in a puddle of water on some sandpaper hahaha XD hmm i kinda figured id be better off building my own, just no experience with it XD guess everyone starts somewhere eh? I'll deff check out Petra's tech shop. Hope they ship to canada XD if not i can at least pick out the parts there, once i do a bit of searchin to find out what i need to put it all together. can most of the watercooling actually fit in the case? or would I have to build a seperate unit like i've noticed some other people doing. Or is that just advanced stuff that I can look into after i get a bit of experience and actually see how this works/is put together?

thanks for all the help btw really aprpeciate it ^^

yeah i've no doubt that TRUE rocks for air cooling XD i just dont think i could drop my new CPU in a puddle of water on some sandpaper hahaha XD hmm i kinda figured id be better off building my own, just no experience with it XD guess everyone starts somewhere eh? I'll deff check out Petra's tech shop. Hope they ship to canada XD if not i can at least pick out the parts there, once i do a bit of searchin to find out what i need to put it all together. can most of the watercooling actually fit in the case? or would I have to build a seperate unit like i've noticed some other people doing. Or is that just advanced stuff that I can look into after i get a bit of experience and actually see how this works/is put together?

thanks for all the help btw really aprpeciate it ^^
Well what Case do you have? A cpu,res,pump,rad loop should fit into any case. If you add GPU and another pump then thats when it gets pretty large. Heres a guide to go by when building you Loop. Dont forget to test the loop for leaks before you install it into your case.
Guide To WaterCooling and Leak Testing - ALL New WaterCooler's Read Before Posting! - XtremeSystems Forums

Petras does ship to canada but you must contact them by phone and order the parts from there. Contact here-
Petra's Tech Shop

I for one can vouch personally that the TT bigwater is an utter peice of sh*t. Don't trust them, and the one in that case is very similar, however the rad is a tad bit better, along with the pump, but since the pump is connected to the res, there will be heat generated from the pump heating up your water fast then it would if it was in a drive bay or something. Anyone who gets a thermaltake water cooler regrets it, especially if they're looking for better than air quality cooliong.

As for the case.. amazing, get it, you'll love it. Moddable, beautiful, and massive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom