Build time! Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i stand corrected then! but i dont think many people will have a fan cooled pc with a cpu at below 25C! not a high spec one anyways ;)

My zalman 9500 used to stop when I ran my 4400x2 @ stock speeds....and there's a guy running a q6600 with a thermalright ultra 120 extreme who experienced the same thing.

Its rare, but it happens. :)

My zalman 9500 used to stop when I ran my 4400x2 @ stock speeds....and there's a guy running a q6600 with a thermalright ultra 120 extreme who experienced the same thing.

Its rare, but it happens. :)

ooh you learn something new everyday ;)

Just a question, I sent them an RMA thing through their online message system last night. No reply so far, which is OK, but are they usually quick with these things, or will they need chasing up? Would I get a better response by phoning them?

lol, they must be reading the forums! I just got my RMA number. Now to find a suitable box!

Would one of those bubblewrap lined packages be OK over the top of the box, or do you think another box is preferable?

phew! not in time for the last post, but in time for the post office! Hope it goes well- Heres where I find its the MoBo or something- which would make be £20 the poorer and still no GFX

Wish me luck again!

I dout very much that its the mobo, it would mean the mobo works fine(you said it went into windows i think?) apart from the pci-e 16x slot, which is highly unlikey.

By the way thats abit bad that you have to get your own packaging and send it yourself, when i bought a defective soundcard from Ebuyer the same company who delivered it (citylink) came to pick it up aswell, and because i didnt have chance to go into town and buy a jiffy bag the chap said he had got a bag with an Ebuyer stamp on it so he just took the card and that was it! i think it just depends, they dont always do free collections but i got lucky i guess

Yeah, its not ideal, but as long as they don't take the pi*s, and leave it a week before incorrectly proclaiming it works, and charging me, I'll okay with it.

Speaking of which, gurusan, how good is their RMA? they got it Wed morning, and its Thursday lunch, and they are still 'going through testing procedure'. What should I expect? A day? a week? All they need to do is plug it in and see that it doesn't work.

If you havent heard from them by the weekend id be surprised, then once they send you one out............ well you know it doesnt take long once they send it

Hey andy and jonny, just was reading the thread, the comp looks good, bummer on the GPU, and one thing i will recommend, wire management has more purpose than just making it look pretty. I am sure everyone will agree with me when I say that wire management is very important when it comes to air flow and cooling. Is this your first build?

Also, i dont know if you really have room for a Mod like this, but i thought maybe you would like it. bit-tech.net | Plasma globe mod - Plasma globe mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom