How well does an AMD x2 4200 overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys took a few shots of the screen im greeted with(sorry there so big)
DSC00066.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

Might be worth noting its a Compaq pc underneath all my mods, so maybe stuff is locked or limited access?

locked and limited ;)

i have your monitor :)
so thats why im lacking all those options you guys talk about? and also this means i cant do any overclocking at all with this mobo, right? bit of a bummer but not the end of the world, its fast enough for playing bf 2142 on max settings so im happy, until i do a major upgrade in the near future.

And yes these samsung screens are great arent they ;)

so thats why im lacking all those options you guys talk about? and also this means i cant do any overclocking at all with this mobo, right? bit of a bummer but not the end of the world, its fast enough for playing bf 2142 on max settings so im happy, until i do a major upgrade in the near future.

And yes these samsung screens are great arent they ;)

is the mobo a stock computer one?

most hp, dell, compaq, gateway etc. computers provide mobos without overclocking capabilities to save money on cheap mobos and so you don't void your warranty

is the mobo a stock computer one?

most hp, dell, compaq, gateway etc. computers provide mobos without overclocking capabilities to save money on cheap mobos and so you don't void your warranty

yeah thats what i said, its basically a Compaq bought from pcworld but obviously with upgraded parts by yours truely! but the mobo i havent upgraded because i didnt need to, so theres no way i can overclock then?

not the way you should. but, there is a way.
clockgen.
back your stuff up first.

dear jesus, here comes the software overclocking

gl with that :p

just upgrade to a nice AM2+ board in a couple weeks so your a bit future proof since Phenom will use AM2+

hey man he asked.
i didnt say i would do it. i just told him that he could do it.
he cant use his cpu in an am2 socket, because its an s939 4200.
look at the ram specs on his main bios page.
so, buying a new am2+ board would require a new cpu and new ram.
thats waaaaaaaaay more expensive than clockgen lol. plus, if it blows up (it wont jonny im just freakin you out) he has a good excuse to buy new stuff.
and agena and kuma will work in plain ol am2 as well. the high end fx will use socket f (retarded).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom