Physics Acceleration Heats Up: Intel to Purchase Havok

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is willing to spend $150, for a few extra physics effects, for Hellgate: London
thats his choice i suppose :/

of course ill wait for benchmarks of the 2950 Pro. As for the PhysX card, that probably wont happen UNLESS there is a big differ with n without the card in the game.

i might get Unreal Tournament 3 also, but i have to wait for the demos to come out first.

im planning on getting the 2950 Pro so ive got it all planned out, just not the physx card because im not too sure about it.

FYI, i just got a job at Cold Stone n im still in training. Next week is when i get my own work schedule n then i will get paid $7.50 n up. I've got NOTHING to pay for: no insurances (yet), no bills, nothing. This is my big opportunity to fully upgrade my computer n get it up n running again because it's been hard looking for work for a year n attending school. I may not have another chance to be able to fully upgrade my computer, once i get my own car, pay for insurance n bills n stuff.

Your choice. If you've got nothing to pay for then just save the money. You never know when you'll need it. I threw the money I made from my first three summer jobs into the stock market - around 6k. Now its 25k.

Your choice. If you've got nothing to pay for then just save the money. You never know when you'll need it. I threw the money I made from my first three summer jobs into the stock market - around 6k. Now its 25k.

**** nice!!!! As for me, all i need is around $2000 then ill be prepared when the Phenom, RD790 or RD780, n 2950 Pro come out. I'm gonna order a bunch of stuff at the same time, so ya.

GRAW 2 supports teh physics card...but i dont think its worth it...
Just wait for all the new cpus and gpus to come out and wait for benchmarks...then decide.

GRAW 2 supports teh physics card...but i dont think its worth it...
Just wait for all the new cpus and gpus to come out and wait for benchmarks...then decide.

right, of course ill wait for benchmarks. As for games that said "yes we will support the PhysX Accelerator" already, i might get some that support it, but first demos before i decide purchasing the games. I still wouldnt mind getting the card just for one game, thats my decision.

right, of course ill wait for benchmarks. As for games that said "yes we will support the PhysX Accelerator" already, i might get some that support it, but first demos before i decide purchasing the games. I still wouldnt mind getting the card just for one game, thats my decision.

imo i think its a waste but your money so your wish...and if your happy with it and have no regrets then thats good.

great news to just have the processor do the physics. how many of us want to add 150 to our budgets for a physics card with minimal benefits and having those tacky drivers on the system when the cpu could handle it? great news!

Then you are one lucky man ,considering how the market's been the past couple months.

People usually don't see that much of a profit so soon, it usually takes years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom