Dell Dem. 8400 Keeps Shutting Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekGoodson

In Runtime
OK Guys, Need some help on this one. I have worked on this Dell Dem. 8400 a couple times. The customer has a problem with it shutting down on her and the power button just flashing orange. Thing that puzzles me is that it doesn't shut down at any certain time? Computer isn't over heating in any way. Sometimes shuts down 2 seconds after she turns it on. I don't know what to trouble shoot anymore.... Any ideas on this one?

Derek

my guess is the PSU power fades out at certain times, try running it on basic stuff like , CPU, Ram , videcard(or onboard) PSU you know the basic stuff to get it to POST. If it still fades out then try a different PSU
BUt i still dont understand why the Power button flashes orange, call Dell and ask them , this will help you figure this out faster

i would also think PSU, but as for the flashing light. it has some meaning, the user manual or service manual should have something in it regarding the lights and their meanings. but if nothing else i agree with ^ call Dell and ask them what the light is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom