HELP! Adding a TV tuner to Vista machine. not booting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumber4578

In Runtime
I just purchased a TV tuner Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100204L Radeon Theatrix 650 PRO (lite retail) - Retail. It said it was for Vista. I got it stuck it in, rebooted...... It seemed to start and then all the sudden shut off. No code beeps or anything. I started it up and it was getting ready to boot windows and froze. Changed PCI slots, tried running driver cd fisrt. Same thing. When on the manufacture's website; sucks! called hte long distance tech line; not business hours. Any suggestions? Oh yeah; running Vista 64 - FIRST PROBLEM.

Are you sure the card can support 64 bit OS. And is the card plug n' play or needs drivers? If it needs drivers then try installing them first, shutting off your pc then installing the card.

I unplug the card and the computer boots fine. I know the card supports Vista.
I couldn't find anything about it that it doesn't support 64 bit OS. I tried installing the software first. It said it can't find the hardware do I guess it didn't
install

Do you get any mobo error codes? Any thing that could help us identify the problem? I'm running that exact card on Vista and it's working fine. Just don't install the Catalyst software, it's garbage compared to the media player included in Vista.

Good luck getting it working. I'd check your bios and make sure you don't have any funky PCI settings.

I didn't get any error codes at all. Right when windows goes to load it freezes. I restart the puter and I get that screen asking me if i want to go into safe mode. I tried doing that and it wouldn't load safe mode either. I don't know much about bios settings. I read my manual on my mobo and nothing really made sense to me that I felt comfortable changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom