Video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full'O'question

Beta member
Is there much difference between the 9800Pro and the 9600XT.
I don't mean benchmark's or overclocking.
I have read a lot of threads about the two.But overclocking and benchmarks always come it to it.
I mean to the naked eye when playing games.Is it really worth the extra $100?
I can't make my mind up.This will determine which one I get.
Thanks.:D

I think that there might be a few frame rate difference for the avg gamer, but for the hardcore gamers(like myself) we will see it and freak out and start overclocking and all kinda crazy stuff.

Actually I have never put the 2 cards side by side and tested them, but maybe some of the other people on here have.

I personally would not spent the extra 100-200 bucks on an XT.. the 9800pro 256 card is a very solid card and will last a good 2 years before it begins to get outdated..

the only good thing about XT's (9600 xt and 9800xt, not sure about x800xt) is they have a built in 'safe" overclocking feature called Overdrive. Very nice OC'ing tool.

hmmm.. the x800's overdrive tool only allows it to go up to 525?

if so, that is very strange becuase on overdrive, my 9600xt goes up to 525mhz aswell........

xxdryicexx said:
hmmm.. the x800's overdrive tool only allows it to go up to 525?

if so, that is very strange becuase on overdrive, my 9600xt goes up to 525mhz aswell........

Despite what you think, the stock 9600XT speeds are 500/600, so your increase isn't anything to brag about, the thing is, if the x800pro was clocked at 400/500, it would still own your 9600XT, just like with processors, clock speed isn't everything.

Ummmm.
I wanted a comparison of the 9800Pro(Ninty Eight Hundred) and the 9600XT(Ninty Six Hundred).
Not the 9800Pro and the 9800XT.
Didn't take long for you guys to start bringing up the X800 but.
Thanks anyway guys.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom