amd athlon 64 X2 4200+ overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
EE means energy efficient, ie it uses less voltage to run at its rated clock.
i always wondered how they would oc compared to a normal windsor.
as far as volt modding, i dont think so.
grab a 3600 brisbane for 50 bucks and drop it in your mobo, you'll likely get a better overclock.
also, google your mobo and make sure that 1.3V isnt as high as it goes (it shouldnt be).

crap I guess I didn't stop overclocking fast enough. My computer started lagging badly in games even really old games like Midtown Madness 2. I have no clue if its the cpu or gpu. I am looking for a program to try and figure out which one is bad or going bad.

I am thinking its the graphics card cause when I took the fan off of it to put the zalman paste on it the chip looked a little burnt/melted at the one spot but that could be how its supposed to look too. I don't think its supposed to look that way but I don't know much about how gpus are supposed to look cause it was only my first time looking at it cause the first time I didn't really see it cause of the thermal paste that was already on it.

wipe off the old paste before putting on new paste... dur

anyways, the gpu looks like a mini cpu... check google for pics?

I looked at some of the gpu's in google images and mine isn't looking so good compared to some of them. Is there a program to test the hard drive and cpu? or do I have to take it out and put it in another computer? The cpu I can't put in another computer but the graphics card I can. If the graphics card is fine then its the cpu cause I am an expert and I know these things. It was time to upgrade my pc anyway.

Its the computer in my sig Computer # 1

orthos/prime95 can test your CPU for stability, if your cpu can pass those tests for atleast 2 hours then its decently ok

try atitool artifact scanner to test your gpu or just use a benchmarker like 3dmark06

If its not the graphics or cpu what else could it be? The scans have been running for 20 minutes and didn't find anything bad yet.

I just installed burnintest to test the cpu, memory, hard drive, graphics card so hopefully that narrows it down.

what does a fried or almost fried graphics card look like?

The burnintest said failed but It didn't say what was wrong. :(

Never mind I read a forum where somebody had a perfect running pc and burnintest failed for the 2d graphics which is what mine failed for. What could be wrong? no artifacts the cpu is fine or thats what the programs say, and the memory is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom