PC freezes after windows loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigmaster

Solid State Member
Here's my problem:
(I have windows xp sp2)After I start up my computer it gets through everything no problem. After windows starts to load, and the splash screens are all gone for start up programs I am able to do one thing before it freezes. I can try and open anything on the desktop or just highlight anything on my quicktask bar. After that it doesn't really freeze, but stops responding to anything. I can't cntl alt del. the mouse will still move around on the screen but I can't select anything else.

I am able to boot up in safe mode no$ problem.

I originally thought it might have been a virus or something that caused this as my virus program popped up before I had this problem and said there was an alert (I can't remember the name). And this happened just while I was on facebook. After that I tried rebooting it and that's when I first noticed the problem. I rebooted it in safe mode, and ran AVG virus and Systemtic virus scanner (both picked up a few random trojans and quarintened them). I tried windows agian and neither of those helped the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom