2900 PRO...with a 512-bit memory interface!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
techPowerUp! News :: HIS Unveils ATI Radeon HD 2900 Pro 512MB PCIe Source!

HIS Graphic Cards - Power Up, Gamers!

Check it out guys, on the HIS product page they have announced their 2900pro 512mb and oh my does it look like it could be quite a steal for around 170 quid! ;)

Looks like I was wrong about this card being 256-bit... :)

2900Pro_box_250.jpg

Unleash the Gaming Power of DirectX® 10

The HIS Radeon™ HD 2900Pro unleashes the power of DirectX® 10 with awesome performance, stunning visual effects and more dynamic interactivity than ever before. Surpass reality with easy CrossFire™ scalability, built-in HDMI and 5.1 surround audio for an immersive HD Gaming experience. HIS Radeon™ HD 2900Pro delivers ultimate realism and performance at all resolutions in high dynamic range from a 2nd generation unified shader engine.

Ultimate High Definition Gaming Technology

The HIS Radeon™ HD 2900 powers today's titles and introduces a new platform for upcoming DirectX® 10 games. Our next-generation unified shader engine with 320 unified stream processors, a 512-bit memory interface, CrossFire™, game physics, and built-in HDMI with multi-channel 5.1 surround audio establishes a new level of performance and technology designed for discerning gamers.

HIS Radeonâ„¢ HD 2900Pro delivers ultimate realism and performance at all resolutions in high dynamic range from a 2nd generation unified shader engine and easy CrossFire upgradeability. Built-in with HDMI audio and video, HIS Radeonâ„¢ HD 2900Pro enables a one-plug big-screen HD gaming experience with ATI Avivoâ„¢ HD video & display technology with advanced high definition features.

Leadership for Windows Vistaâ„¢

The HIS Radeon™ HD 2900Pro delivers powerful graphics performance, improved stability, and an immersive HD gaming experience for Windows Vista™. ATI Catalyst™ software is designed for quick setup of graphics, video, and multiple displays, and automatically configures optimal system settings for lifelike DirectX® 10 gaming and the visually stunning Windows Aero™ user interface.

Superscalar unified shader architecture
320 stream processing units
512-bit 8-channel memory interface
Comprehensive DirectX® 10 support
Integrated CrossFireâ„¢
High-speed 128-bit HDR (High Dynamic Range) rendering
Up to 24x Custom Filter Anti-Aliasing
ATI Avivoâ„¢ HD video and display technology
Built-in HDMI and 5.1 surround audio
Dynamic geometry acceleration
Game physics processing capability

I'm liking that a lot. Maybe my next card.

Deadpixel said:
Only 170 dollars?

Where does it match GTX?

Where do I buy it for 170??

It's not $170, he said quid. Which is double in US dollars. So around $250.

looks like its gonna be vs the 8700gts on Nvidia's line.. wonder who will win...

I think HIS is mistaken

HD2900Pro might not have 512Bit memory interface

TechConnect Magazine - Radeon HD 2900 Pro priced

AMD is close to filling the large price and performance gap between the Radeon HD 2600XT and the HD 2900XT with the now imminent release of the Radeon HD 2900 Pro. The upcoming card, based on the R600 chip is set to compete with Nvidia's GeForce 8800 GTS (320 MB version) and has now finally been priced. Geizhals.at has it, at least in pre-order mode for 235 euros, this being the Sapphire-build 2900 Pro. The card features a core clocked at 600 MHz, 512MB of GDDR3 memory at 800 (1600 MHz DDR) and a power consumption of up to 150W. Interestingly enough, the store details the card as having a 256-bit memory interface but HIS states on its website that the 2900 Pro will have a 512-bit memory interface. The whole truth and nothing but the truth about the 2900 Pro's specs will be revealed later this month with actual cards set to arrive in numbers in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom