8400gs DVI problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

z0ltan

Baseband Member
ok so here i am sitting at my friends computer. It works just fine when the vga is being used. He say's there is something wrong. so im like ok...what? he then tells me that when you plug in the DVI cord and try to use that you get problems. i was a bit lost but i hooked it up and now about every 20 seconds or so, the screen goes completely black, the power indicator light stays the same color, but the screen goes black. i can still do everything with the computer so all of the other parts work fine. So first thing i tried doing is uninstalling the driver. so now thats done, its still happening. Now my questions is...what's going on? is maybe the card not recieving enough power? I'm going to open up the computer and check it out to make sure everything is plugged in right, but this is confusing me. ill check back after i check out the inside, thanks for the help in advance.

well he has a LG monitor and he called them up and figured out which drivers he needed to install so i can get it to stay in 1280x720. but when i try to put it in its native resolution of 1400 something by something, it goes completely black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom