amd 4200 x2
Foxconn N570SM2AA-8EKRS2H
arctic colling 64 pro

my pcs is around 35 idle
and apparently my mobo is 87
this is degrees not fahrenheit
this is with everest

but with my bios my cpu is 37 and mobo is 40

You should have a talk with nagasama on the AMD overclocking. As for the 7600GS, overclock with ATI Tool.

You should have a talk with nagasama on the AMD overclocking. As for the 7600GS, overclock with ATI Tool.

yeah, with ATITool raise the core speeds and mem speeds indivually (switching off, dont just raise 1 all the way then the other) while running on your cards 100% load temp (just leave the 3D view on for 5 mins) and check for artifacts along the way

if you want, you can flash the settings to your bios using nibitor and nvflash if you don't want to have atitool running

Well i don't see Naga anywhere around so here I go.

Boot into your BIOS, normally by hitting the F12 or DELETE keys when booting up. Go to your front side bus settings, its probably set to 200 right now, set it to manual and slowly raise it by increments of 15 or so. Boot into windows every time and use cpu-z to check your stats and Prime95 to stress test the overclock. Check your HT link speed, it doesnt like to be taken over 1000mhz so as you push the fsb you will have to lower the HT multiplier. Also as you go higher you will have to underclock your ram for the same reason, and if the overclock gets unstable you may have to raise the voltage of your cpu, but only raise it one notch at a time.

just follow those steps and take it slow, jsut dont raise your fsb to 300 and think your done. You have to keep evening out the speeds and keeping your cooling in check.

are you joking?

didn't zmatt explain it to you?

Well i don't see Naga anywhere around so here I go.

Boot into your BIOS, normally by hitting the F12 or DELETE keys when booting up. Go to your front side bus settings, its probably set to 200 right now, set it to manual and slowly raise it by increments of 15 or so. Boot into windows every time and use cpu-z to check your stats and Prime95 to stress test the overclock. Check your HT link speed, it doesnt like to be taken over 1000mhz so as you push the fsb you will have to lower the HT multiplier. Also as you go higher you will have to underclock your ram for the same reason, and if the overclock gets unstable you may have to raise the voltage of your cpu, but only raise it one notch at a time.

just follow those steps and take it slow, jsut dont raise your fsb to 300 and think your done. You have to keep evening out the speeds and keeping your cooling in check.

thats how you overclock your cpu...

then for ram you can adjust the timings (latencies) lower and lower or increase the speed of the memory, higher frequencies are debatle as to whether they are better then tighter timings you can decide based on your on benchmarks

I already explained the gpu oc'ing

as a side note, increase your voltage on the ram and CPU to reasonable amounts to make sure they can run stably, as you increase the voltage, the temperatures will increase so watch out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom