How well does an AMD x2 4200 overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my athlon 3800+ can just hit 2.72Ghz from 2.41Ghz on my mobo which is useless for overclocking so yours should hit higher speeds

your temps are awefully high. When I had my 4400x2 air cooled on a Zalman CNPS9500 I was able to clock it to 2.86ghz and temps never were above 55c or so. This was on 1.5vcore if I remember correctly.

well my case does have horrible airflow right now, wires are a mess (recently redid pc)

but... I replaced the stock 120mm 1200 RPM fan on the ninja heatsink with an antec tricool (I had one lying around) set on high it reachs 2100 RPM and lowers the idle temp 1-3 degrees, so I guess I can up the voltage slightly and underclock the ram to get to 2.7 or 2.75

set on high, the tricool got me 59 max temperature which is a 7 degree decrease off the stock fan, however... its a bit too loud for my tastes so I'm going to try the medium settings

1600 RPM on the medium setting, 63 max temperature, so a 3 degree decrease off the stock fan, decent looks like I can overclock a tiny bit more

ok i went into bios and i cant see anything to do with overclocking? the fsb/vcore that people mention isnt anywhere to be seen?

ok i went into bios and i cant see anything to do with overclocking? the fsb/vcore that people mention isnt anywhere to be seen?

are you sure your in the bios? if you are, try pressing ctrl f1 to enable advanced features, otherwise your probably stumped unless your mobo has a bios update that adds oc'ing

yeah when i turn my pc on i press f1, then it says entering setup, then i get the simplistic blue screen with text and i can navigate through by using the arrow keys, anyway it does just look like the basic functions,ive got about 3-4 different screens but just basic operations by the looks of it.

So i should have a tab at the top that says "overclocking" or something?

no, it probably doesnt say "overclocking" just like that.
do you have anything that says "cpu clock...clock speed....ext. cpu clock....anything that tells you the stock speed of your cpu? (which should be 200 mhz).

no, it probably doesnt say "overclocking" just like that.
do you have anything that says "cpu clock...clock speed....ext. cpu clock....anything that tells you the stock speed of your cpu? (which should be 200 mhz).
yeah i can get a screen that says amd x2 blah blah my cpu speed and how much ram i have, nothing can be changed or edited on this screen though

hmm the options arnt there as you brought your pc, are there any options such as "super speed" or look in "bios feaures"

well my case does have horrible airflow right now, wires are a mess (recently redid pc)

but... I replaced the stock 120mm 1200 RPM fan on the ninja heatsink with an antec tricool (I had one lying around) set on high it reachs 2100 RPM and lowers the idle temp 1-3 degrees, so I guess I can up the voltage slightly and underclock the ram to get to 2.7 or 2.75

set on high, the tricool got me 59 max temperature which is a 7 degree decrease off the stock fan, however... its a bit too loud for my tastes so I'm going to try the medium settings

1600 RPM on the medium setting, 63 max temperature, so a 3 degree decrease off the stock fan, decent looks like I can overclock a tiny bit more

tried going up to 2.7, but I couldn't I got terminal temperatures 71-74, 3dmark06 kept crashing and my pc kept getting the BSOD although prime95 did last for like 4 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom