sleeving a psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
any one got any good guides on it? I have all the sleeving, heat shrink and uv ends. But i dont know if the only way was to take the pins off the wires? Because i dont know if theirs enough wires to really spend that much time.

well... there are some ways to do it. You can go to frozencpu.com and get a 4 pin molex pin remover and remove them like that. Or.. you can get a paper clip and take the end of it, and stick it in the outside of the pins and there are liek 2 little clips on the molex connector. What this is bacisalyl doing, is bending the clips In so the wire will slide right out. Ive dont it to a few wires on my computer and it worked out well. But the eaisest way i think is to get the 4 pin molex remover from frozencpu.com and do it like that. here they are actully... female and a male tool

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/slt-02.html
http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/slt-03.html

Well no i have that but the wires are like looped together. So the Like from the molex its connected the next molex. THe only way to sleeve them is too take the pins off the wires and sleeve the individual set of wires at once otherwise ur sleeving sets together. I mean i can do like fans and some other things no problems it just these things.

hey hey calm down... i know what u mean. When i did mine i had to take both of the conenctors off and use 2 sleeves. Then put them back on.

no i am calm i just dont care. I think i may have a way to do it. Take all the connectors off then try to slide the first piece on from the very end to the first wire. Sliding it over the pins i guess. i dont know im not in any rush to do anything, since you cant see them anyway lol.

lol.. i sleeved like 2 of mine. It took a very long time. I hated it so i just organized my wires using zip ties and now its very good. But whatever floats your boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom