Upgrading a Computer, parts opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HELPMEPLZ

Baseband Member
I made a previous thread for the CPU Conroe e6600, this thread is for overall opinions of the make up and a few questions as well.

All Bold items are new parts.
Mainboard: Intel LGA775 DP965LT Desktop Board
RAM: 2x 1024mb DDR2-5300 Corsair RAM
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce 8500GT 512mb (oc from 400mhz to 600mhz)
CPU: Intel Core2Duo Conroe e6600 LGA775 1066FSB
PSU: JSP BlueFire2 600W

One of my main concerns is the PSU and if it's too much or (incompatible even?)
Also, any discussion on how i would go about overclocking / whether i should on this system / what to OC to thats a safe number (don't need to go beast this rig).

I would switch your motherboard to something in the Abit PI35 series.

I would also change that psu to the corsair 520w or the hiper 580w.

As for overclocking, what cooling do you have?
You can google overclocking guides. You easily good on that system if you wanted too. As for a safe number, just follow the steps in the guides you read.

hmm ok thanks

another thing, im worried if the PSU will fit in my case?

people say it should fit and its just a standard measurement. but does anyone know of this being larger or preferably knowing the exact dimensions?

theres no such thing as safe number. learn how to o/c and for ur system there will be what it can be stable at and what it will be unstable at. once u reach a speed that is testing to show signs of unstability then go back until the last stable setting and keep lowering voltage until u seem to be happy with the stability

and for other question, yes itll fit. itll be a standard measurement like the people said. every case and psu are suitable for one another

do you already own the mobo?
if not get a p35-dsel for $97
or a p35-ds3r (same as above but with RAID features) for $130
then you can get the e6750

8500GT is not very good for gaming.

I would change E6600 to E4500

And change 8500GT to 8600GTS

8500GT is not very good for gaming.

I would change E6600 to E4500

And change 8500GT to 8600GTS

8500GT is in mail, another thing - does anyone know if these specs will be decent enough to play games like BF2142 and CSS on all max settings with no lag?

if u all ready got the 8500gt get the e6550 for ur cpu and get gskill hk's or hz's if u can afford it. psu get a corsair 520w. mobo gigabyte p35 chipset one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom