best floor for computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsunt

In Runtime
We are planning to install a new floor, might as well install something that reduces static electricity. Is laminate flooring good in this regard (looks like wood)? What about vinyl?

Not anything wrong with carpet either.... My computers have been on carpet in my bedroom at my parents house for years. As long as you have a case for the hardware, and not a motherboard just sitting on the floor, anything should work.

I haven't had any problem either.

However, since I'll be constantly changing one computer, rebuilding a second, and possibly assembling a third, it might be good insurance against mistakes to have a safer floor. I'm replacing the floor in the apartment anyways.

Carpet is only bad if your computer sits on the ground and has an intake right near the base of the case like my old computer had. I'd have to clean out that intake every few months because it'd suck up carpet fibers and get clogged up. It also might be because it's cheap carpet, lol.

Meh same thing happens with leno. Both of my front intake fans are caked with cat hair after about an hour. I should shave these furry mobile decor.

Why can't you just put down a plasctic mat to put your CPU on, also good so your chairs with wheel won't ruin the carpet.

But then again, hardwood floors are just so much nicer :)

Or rubber matting...maybe that would be weird. I have carpet, but my tower is sitting on a wooden desk. Planning on getting those plastic floor runners though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom