Most future-ready CPU socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is not "most future-ready CPU socket". I'd assume one that will be around for a couple more years is the LGA775 and the AM2 socket.

Hey jeller
Welcome-to-TF.png

From my understanding LGA775 will last around for a couple more years.

From AMD's side, I think they will make an AM3 socket, but their CPUs I heard, will be backwards compatible with AM2 sockets.

From AMD's side, I think they will make an AM3 socket, but their CPUs I heard, will be backwards compatible with AM2 sockets.

well they could have done that with 939 and AM2

since AM2's will be backwards compatible like b1gapl said... keep AM2 on the list... and we know Socket 775 will lastfor a while...

They couldn't, because AM2 has one more pin than 939.

i know but actauly it wouldn't work out for me becuase AM2 is newer than 939, meaning 939 would work on Am2 but not the other way round (im saying that imagining that they had the same amount of pins) :D

well they could have done that with 939 and AM2

No, they couldn't. 939 uses DDR which is 184 pins. AM2 uses DDR2 which is 240pins. DDR3 also uses 240 pins. Since the controller is on the CPU, you can use either one.

The AM2+ may last the longest. The LGA 775 socket will most likely be dropped when Intel follows AMD's memory controller idea.

No, they couldn't. 939 uses DDR which is 184 pins. AM2 uses DDR2 which is 240pins. DDR3 also uses 240 pins. Since the controller is on the CPU, you can use either one.

The AM2+ may last the longest. The LGA 775 socket will most likely be dropped when Intel follows AMD's memory controller idea.

I agree.

guys i wasnt being serious, i was just saying that they god i dunno made dont worry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom