Seriously XP vs. 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute... Longhorn is not the codename for Windows XP 64-bit? So what is longhorn, a new O/S?...?

P.S.: Are you sure that Windows XP (64-bit) is only going to be available to the public in 2006? That sounds a little far off IMO.

agex000 said:
Wait a minute... Longhorn is not the codename for Windows XP 64-bit? So what is longhorn, a new O/S?...?

P.S.: Are you sure that Windows XP (64-bit) is only going to be available to the public in 2006? That sounds a little far off IMO.

Longhorn is the codename for the next major Windows OS . It's due in 2005 or 2006 and will come in 32 and 64 bit versions . That's why I can't believe that XP 64 bit will come out in 2006.

eh well... i have longhorn for 32 bit and its ok i guess... still a lot of bugs in it though. So i mean.. i guess people would want a OS that has been out for a few years not a brand new OS. So...

yeah you can find it all over the net if you look hard enough. And I think that you should get a AMD64 with a 939 socket, but you might wanna wait a little while so the prices will drop some

WOW!
I got a little too excited.
Noted.....corrected......thanks.
True.....I was talking about Longhorn. Not the first XP-64bit version. But, Longhorn is going to be the first 64-bit version from Microsoft worth getting for home use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom