Ram Timings

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i haven't run orthos, don't even have it on my computer. i'll put it there later today. but i've got the zaleman CNPS9500 plus the windtunnel, and another 120mm fan sucking the hot air out, so after running a cpu intensive game (BioShock) it's still not quite at 50*. and i can def. feel the cooling, cause my room is like 5 or 6 degrees hotter than the rest of the house. oh yea, i also have a huge industrial box fan directed at the case to, i'm sure that helps too. (that's just for the noise, i got used to it in the summer so i can't sleep with out it now, lol)

and with cpu-z, it doesn't read the memory for some reason. it just says how much memory i have. is there some setting i have to adjust or something?

That's weird. What version of CPU-Z are you using? Try downloading the latest one, which is v1.41. Or go into the BIOS and read the second number of the Memory Freq. at the M.I.T.

That's weird. What version of CPU-Z are you using? Try downloading the latest one, which is v1.41. Or go into the BIOS and read the second number of the Memory Freq. at the M.I.T.

yea, i just took a look and it was v1.36 or somethin' like that. I downloaded the one off of downloads.com and it was the old version. so i got 1.41 and it works fine, thanks. I have one quick question, my 120mm fan on the rear, would it be better to have it blow out or in. Cause I put it to blow out, figuring that the windtunnel pushes a ton of air, and havin' in blow out, as like an exhause would help. I've got the cpu fan pointed the same direction. It seems to be doing a fine job now, but i haven't tested it with orthos. (going to put it on shortly). and back to the ram, since i have it at 4-4-4-12 and it's rated at that, could i possibly tighten it a bit or should i keep it there. oh, and it's at 435Mhz.

I doubt it will be stable at that speed with tighter timings. 4-4-4-12 is fine. You could probably hit 500 with CAS4 timings.

The rear fan should always be exhaust.

I doubt it will be stable at that speed with tighter timings. 4-4-4-12 is fine. You could probably hit 500 with CAS4 timings.

so your saying i could probably change the mem frequency from 435 to about 500. should i keep the multipier at 2.00?

and with orthos, :/ i ran it, and i had the bios have an alarm when the cpu reached over 60*, and not 5 seconds after i clicked start, on my third try, did there come a continuous beep (first try probably half way through test1 i accidentally clicked something, then try two it made it to test 3 and my mouse dropped off my bed, and clicked on something, caused it to reboot. lol i'm pretty clumsy.). I'm assuming it's that alarm because i went and turned it off after a couple of tries after that, did it again, and it didn't beep. Before i booted up, i went into the bios to check the cpu temp, and it read 41*, so would it go from 41* to 60*+ in a matter of seconds?? I even took of the side and felt the heat sink for the cpu and it was barely warm to the touch, and my fingers were fairly cold too. also, i tried letting it go after i turned off the alarm cause i assumed the mobo was probably glitching, and it didn't make it past test 1 and it rebooted. So would this be a temp problem or what?

I'm not saying that you should change it to 500. I'm just saying that it's probably capable of running 500, with 4-4-4-12 timings.

Sometimes it's normal to jump 20 degrees during Orthos, because Orthos is a stress program. About the beep going off whenever the temperatures go over 60. I don't think that's necessary. But does it go over 65C, if you didn't have the alarm? 60C+ is OK for a few hours. It's not like you're going to run it like that, 24/7.

I don't know if it's gone over 65, the only way i can find the temp is in the bios, i had that easy tune software, but it was useless, i didn't use it for over clocking and it was always 5 or 6 or more degrees off of what the bios would say. so i got rid of it. but now when i run orthos it always reboots. after like I think a minute, i'm afraid to try it again :/ how else can i find the temp, other than the bios? And why might it be rebooting.

So is there a way to change just the memory speed to around 500 or is it limited by the cpu. Cause I've got 425 stable now, and 430+ is unstable, crashes on Orthos after a few minutes.

It's not limited by the CPU. You just have to change the FSB: DRAM ratio, so that the RAM can run higher. Play around with the System Memory Multiplier, at the M.I.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom