Questions After Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddyGator

In Runtime
My system is up and running great, but I have a few questions.

1. How do I get my system to boot up fast? Harddrive is in the first position. It takes 70 seconds for me to get to welcome screen and 85 seconds for complete boot. Is this normal, slow or what? Should I be concerned? Remember that I have a RAID 0 array. When I loaded the optimized defaults, my system would not boot, because it could not find the hard drive. I needed to go back into the Bios Setup and set up the raid again. All of my data was still there, but the boot up seems to take a while checking all of the drives and other things. How do I short circuit this?

2. What programs do I use now to check optimization of my computer? To check the temperatures, and anything else I would want to check.

3. My case has 4 fans, plus the PSU fan. I connected the two front fans and the back fan directly to the power source. Of course, I have the Tuniq Tower also. They are not connected to the motherboard. I don't think I can connect them to the motherboard. Is it normal to have fans that you can't monitor? What fans are usually monitored?

4. What is the best way to ghost or backup my system when it is all set up. I have 2 500 GB external drives that I could backup to, but I don't know if Vista has a way of setting that up or if I need to buy a new program.

5. I will update this post as questions are answered.

Thanks in advance to all on this board for all of your help. I still can't believe that I built a computer.

1. Try to disable any start up programs, that you do not need immediately. This can be done in msconfig > startup

2. Everest Ultimate provides and monitors, most of the information you need.

3. Yes, it's normal if you can't monitor the fans. The fan that is usually monitored, is the CPU fan.

4. Use Norton Ghost, to make a backup of a hard drive.

Maybe your hard drives aren't in the first boot priority of the boot sequence.

very nice rig there.
With the fans you get full control of the speeds because the Antec 900 has speed switches for each fan;)

Is this rig up and running now then because in your sig it says not built yet? if its built can we see some pics?

It is up and running. I fixed the signature. I will try to get pics up, but I don't know how to post a picture.

Harddrive is now in the first position. It takes 70 seconds for me to get to welcome screen and 85 seconds for complete boot. Is this normal, slow or what? Should I be concerned?

Anyone on Vista here is also a very fsat way to boot up, it cut my boot time down by at least 30 seconds.

Start>search>msconfig>boot>advance>processor>click processor box, change to 4, reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom