upgrading pc and need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabuk

Solid State Member
I have a Dell 2800 pc with 256mb of ram, 2.4 ghz processer, 80 gig hard drive (27 left) and a Nvidia Gefroce fx 5200 card. As you can see my pc is aging with every new game they come out with and the games I can play lag like crazy if I want nice graphics. If you had my pc and could only afford one upgrade what would you get, and what would you get eventually. My main goal is to increase my performance and have better graphics (Im sure this is the goal of almost every gamer).

I think that your processor speed is fine, don't worry about that, I would say perhaps, more RAM or a new video card , also do you play these games on the internet, maybe broadband.

broadband toatally makes the difference when gaming. I went without it for a few years never really playing online but now its like a calling. As to the whole spending issue, I got about 150 to 200 to spend.

p.s. I just browsed the net for ram and found that prices vary but usually dont go past 200, good news! do you guys have any suggestions on good ram.

That corsair chips not a bad deal since dell was selling their generic memory for 197.50. Id save a whole 2.50. thanks.

Lol that is generic memory made by corsair their xms series is 350 bucks. Their is other generic ram out their but its not as trusted or guarenteed to work as good corsair or kingston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom