Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
After about 10-15 minutes of internet or gaming use of the computer I get the BSOD saying Memory_management at the top of the screen. I just reformatted windows xp and it is a legit copy I bought retail so please help me out here. I will buy a new hard drive if I have to cause this one is clicking very loud. I am thinking about replacing the hard drive but if I don't have to I won't. I just want to get rid of this error and if I get rid of my 300gb hard drive it will be with a sledge hammer cause that always does the trick :)

The last BSOD message I just got was IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal

Nevermind I did some research on the IRQL error and found out its my cpu or memory overheating. Time to stop overclocking i guess.

I didn't get the BSOD and its been about 1 hour which is weird. The temps aren't that bad. cpu load is 45ºC. that isn't bad is it?

Not sure about the temps.... BUT...

If your hard drive is clicking loudly.... it might die soon. Usually that is caused by a "seek" problem, but you can run a diagnostic test on your hard drive, depending on which brand you have, that will tell you what's going on, if anything.

If it's a seek error though, generally that means it's going to go at some point.

Remember, everything you deem to be important should be backed up in at least two different ways. Another Harddrive, Flash drive, or type of removeable disk, and hard copies, CD-R's and DVD-R's or otherwise.

This goes for everyone, not just the thread starter.....

For example.

You can see in this example of my setup that on the far left I have a large and tall rack of disks, containing, driver Disks, Games, Music Disks, and Data backup Disks, and more towards the middle of the image you can see I have a much small white rack on my desk with many BLANK CD-R's and DVD-R's in case of a crysis and just to the right of that I have a removeable hard Drive with all my Data Backed up.

I pride myself in being paranoid....

i never back up, all i have on my system is BF2 CoD and office, ok i supposee my music is backed up but apart from that

I have everything backed up on 3 dvd's and on some websites cause I have too many discs. I have about 50 with just games that I bought at stores, 3 copies of CS:S, and 1 half life 2, ect. Its just cause I have 2 computers and some steam accounts are banned. I use my computers for lan parties when friends come over.

Heh i dont back up anything either. All of my music is also on my portable mp3 player and any of my "movies" would just need to be redownloaded, and should i lose a drive, its probably time to refresh my collection anyway ;)

I just picked up a signal from one of my neighbors. Somebody around me has a wireless network. I tried to connect but it wouldn't connect me.

its porbly in range so tht ur system can find it but not close enough to connect

oh I see I didn't know that. If your system sees it, it should connect though cause if it can't connect then whats the point of having it show you your neighbor has a wireless network?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom