Not open for further replies.

collateral

Beta member
Ok guys I have been using 8x @ 1.48v @ 3.320mhz

stable and get 12733 on 3dmark06

Went to 9x @ 1.52v @ 3.450mhz

got over 13k on my 3dmark06

but orthos crashes within seconds.

ram is 1200mhz 55515 2.2v balistics 8500.

all voltage is quoted from bios.

loads fine plays fine, games work great 3d mark better score then evr, just crash orthos like crazy.

any ideas imputs would be great.

i thought the higher the fsb tghe better. but forsome reason.. mine works better under 400mhz.

Hey collateral
Welcome-to-TF.png

Obviously, you don't have a stable overclock going on there. You might have to put more voltage on the vcore. But you're going pretty high. What are your load temperatures, during Orthos?

Hey collateral
Welcome-to-TF.png

Obviously, you don't have a stable overclock going on there. You might have to put more voltage on the vcore. But you're going pretty high. What are your load temperatures, during Orthos?

orthos im running, around 55c full load.

here is the thing.. Im a pc newb man.. lol

I got the 8500 ballistics thinking ok faster ram = faster pc.

but the 1:1 ratio.. and me not wanting to go over 400fsb means i have to declock my ram even under stock spec.

Im 100percent stable at 3.3ghz 1200mhz orthos 8hrs. (8xmult)

but my benchmark scores for cpu are slow.

at 9x i benchmark higer consecutively, but orhtos crashes.. i dont knw if its cuase of voltage, or ram timming or anything.

all i changed was the 9x from 8x.

What processor are you overclocking with? You need to bump up the voltage a little more, to get it more stable. Why wouldn't you want to go over 400MHz FSB?

What processor are you overclocking with? You need to bump up the voltage a little more, to get it more stable.

thanks for welcoming me by the way

here are specs

680i motherboard
e6600 9x mult 1.52v bios
ballistic 8500s set to 1200mhz @ 2.2v

to get to 1:1 at 3.3ghz i will be way under 1000mhz ram.

wasnt stable there.

my question to u guys is .. 1:1 ratio.. how realitve is that to performance

im stable at

8x 3.3 ghz 1.48v
1200mhz 2.2v

but my fsb: ram ratio are far from 1:1

give me ur recommendation on what I should try.. i think my mb can handle up to 500fsb

I don't see it necessary to run your RAM that far from your FSB. In my opinion it's better to run a 1:1 ratio, to possibly prevent stability issues. Or 2:3...

To improve stability try to run 1:1 or 2:3. And put more voltage to the vcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom