Umm my computer wont show anything through the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

idrisguitar

Solid State Member
i have a good computer all working fine until i turned it on today and all of a sudden the monitor doesn't react. ei the screen stays with its orange light like its on standby waiting for the computer to turn on......but the pc is on yet it wont respond to it.

so i tested another monitor.....and another monitor-pc lead....and the problem persists.

the monitor is working fine, the pc is working fine, but they aren't working together.

makes me think the graphics card is not working properly but surely that would give errors and not simply....not appear.

the computer boots up and sound wise there nothing out of the ordinary, and the keyboard and mouuse become active and everyhting so it seems to be doing its normal things, it is just not showing through the monitor.

makes no sense i REALLY hope you can offer up some advice.

Perhaps, try another video card, to see if your graphics is the one with the problem.

UPDATE:: the GFX card is definetly online as the fans running as usually, it seems like EVERYTHING is working but the screen is no showing anything and its getting quite frustrating.

if the gfx shorted out, then surely the fan woudln;t be in full function

If you switch the graphic cards, it will just use the temporary VGA drivers, from Windows.

hey kinda late on this post but i have the same problem, my monitor worked b4 i tried to plug in my sharp aquos tv where nothin showed up, and my monitor didnt work any more. Im pretty sure u have to try to flash ur video card (reinstall the drivers), try to plug ur monitor to ur built-in vga slot. Im still tryin find out how to fix this cuz i dont have a built-in slot and theres no additional slots for a 2nd video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom