Computer CPU Processor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said that? That Antec True Power Trio is compatible with an AM2 system.

actually that was me.... but i didn't say that an Antec True Power Trio is compatible with an AM2 system... but i think i worded that horribly... Emachines uses diferent types of cases and PSUs, which means he can't necessarily get the PSU in the case or power up the Emachines board... cuz its different... man i gotta work on my explanations...

actually that was me.... but i didn't say that an Antec True Power Trio is compatible with an AM2 system... but i think i worded that horribly... Emachines uses diferent types of cases and PSUs, which means he can't necessarily get the PSU in the case or power up the Emachines board... cuz its different... man i gotta work on my explanations...

Perhaps, but I have already installed the Antec PSU in the case and am running my computer off of it. And...someone said that if I upgrade to a AM2 system that I would need new RAM...not that I doubt that, I just would like another opinion. My main reason for upgrading this computer is to stay away from Vista...but as the things keep piling up...getting a new computer is becoming the best bet.

Perhaps, but I have already installed the Antec PSU in the case and am running my computer off of it. And...someone said that if I upgrade to a AM2 system that I would need new RAM...not that I doubt that, I just would like another opinion. My main reason for upgrading this computer is to stay away from Vista...but as the things keep piling up...getting a new computer is becoming the best bet.

but AM2 does require ddr2 RAM... all AM2 Board only have support for ddr2 memory... and your Emachines has ddr 400... which is old... (well not as old as ddr 266 hehehe)

Camshaft is correct. You do need to upgrade the RAM to DDR2, to get an AM2 system.

Ok thank you. Well...since there is a lot I would need to do to upgrade, I am better off getting a new computer when I can. I suppose the only other thing to ask is: Is there any chance of getting a new computer with Windows XP on it and not Windows Vista?

Ok thank you. Well...since there is a lot I would need to do to upgrade, I am better off getting a new computer when I can. I suppose the only other thing to ask is: Is there any chance of getting a new computer with Windows XP on it and not Windows Vista?

ya some computers you can buy with XP... but why not build your own.. its not that hard... plus you choose what you want in it and such... and teh tech forums community can assist you if necessary

EDIT: Build Your Own Computer : Step-by-Step Guide even tho the guy spammed it so much... its pretty good...

or vista if your system can run it but if you dont like fixing ur computer countless number of ties stick with XP

Well, I suppose the only thing holding me back is buying the software for the computer and buying Windows Xp for the computer. I don't think I'd have too much difficulty actually putting one together, the only thing holding me back is getting it to run. Like I said, putting XP on the computer and all the other software. I don't have that software so it would be an added expense. Not to mention I currently don't have the money required to buy or build a computer. The most I could spend at the moment on anything computer related is $200.

Well, I suppose the only thing holding me back is buying the software for the computer and buying Windows Xp for the computer. I don't think I'd have too much difficulty actually putting one together, the only thing holding me back is getting it to run. Like I said, putting XP on the computer and all the other software. I don't have that software so it would be an added expense. Not to mention I currently don't have the money required to buy or build a computer. The most I could spend at the moment on anything computer related is $200.

oh i c... get some extra cash then... or just upgrade to an Opteron 165 on your current system then... and get extra RAM if needed... (and do u have a good video card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom