Artifacts - What exactly are these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know, but it is about time that nvidia came out with drivers that weren't utter crap.
the 94.XX were pretty shoddy.
the 93.XX were pretty good.
i was using z tweaked 93.71 i think for a long time until i found this beta 163.67, which also have really good SLI support. bout time.

yeah you suggested me with some tweaked drivers a while ago and they were good.

But beta are better, and it was more stable for bioshock

Why would you have to flash any sort of BIOS on a gpu to run rivatuner or ATItool?

why not... its not like it'll do anything bad... it'll just free up the precious cpu cycles and ram usage that the programs require, you can even flash voltage changes, new ram timings, new fan speeds, new throttle temps etc.

anyways... I guess my CPU was bottlenecking my card since I oc'ed to 2.5 (moderately simple since I didn't underclock my ram) so I have 10-40 higher FPS

I also downclocked a bit, I forget exactly what and don't want to have to go in the start menu to run atitool to check, so I'd say around 575-625 mhz core and 900-925 mhz ram

I can't remember if you were runniung a GTX or not.. But anywho, my card on stock cooling can get to a stable 632/1050. Temps aren't that bad either. But just like a CPU overclock, the RAM has to be in tune with the core clock. I would suggest leaving the GPU where it's at if you're happy with 600, and then lower your RAM. Otherwise, you could raise the GPU and leave the RAM.

I suggest aftermarket cooling though. The dual heatpipe on the stock cards are just weak as all ****. I'm buying the Thermalright HR-03 Plus today.. They get really good reviews and drop temps a good 30°C

heh, I'm running a gts :(, sadly I can't afford the king card yet

anyways, yeah I downclocked to 625 core, 901 memory which is decent, scored average scores on 3dmark06 (8700 some or something)

temperatures are around 70 load so its decent considering they can go up to 90 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom