Restarting after playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninajitz

Beta member
Hi there!

Ive just started getting a problem today, my computer is restarting whenever i exit a game - doesnt matter the game, BF2142, CS:S, Tabula Rasa - whenever i quit my computer restarts.

Up until yesterday my computer was fine, then my computer crashed for no reason, when i rebooted the screen was set at some silly resolution like 640*400 with 4 colors, and windows reported it couldnt use my ati drivers as they werent compatible with this version of windows.

the only recent windows update was a malicious software tool (which i downloaded after) and ive already installed the latest drivers from ATI. - This fixed the problem with the resolution, but now the restart on every game exit.
(ive tried using the previous version of the drivers as well, the ones originally on before this problem)

This is driving me nuts, ive tried reinstalling the drivers again, the problem does not occour in safe mode, and ive got a nice clean startup - with only MSN, xfire, zone alarm and my anti-virus (AVG) being loaded up (third party stuff anyway)

I cant upload my dxdiag as its too large, but i can put it on my web server and provide a link if needed, heres some basic info though

Computer Stats said:
Machine name: XERXES
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 314MB used, 2144MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: ATI Radeon X1550 Series
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6719

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Thanks in advance!
Wrin

An update on this - although no-one seems to be replying anyway

Ive discovered it happens when the games process ends, as apposed to when the game itself ends, as i can still alt tab, and A game im doing Beta for crashed but didnt actually exit the game.

Still a big problem though, and strangly doesnt happen for processes like firefox, PSP etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom