What operating system?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfgcjm

Baseband Member
I'm building a new PC and i'm not sure what version of windows i should get. I want my system performance to be as high as possible.

- Intel Quad Core Duo 2 (2.4ghz) Q6600
- DP35DP Motherboard
- EVGA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
- 2 x 1024mb 800mhz Corsair 6400 RAM
- 2 x 1024mb 800mhz Patriot 6400 RAM
- DVD-RW Dual Layer optical drive
- SATA II 7200 RPM HD

Any thoughts on the OS welcome...

you should definatly go with vista, as you can run everything super smooth, with that quad, GTX, and 4 gb RAM
and not to mention the sweet DX10 effects

Ok...32 bit or 64 bit?

what are some of the downsides/probelems with vista?...i've heard there's A LOT

since you have 4 gb of RAM, you need 64-bit to utilize all your RAM
there shouldnt be so many problems after SP1, which should be in the next half year or so

well you could get xp now until vista has all its bugs out. since its expensive, there are alwasy 'other' options

Dumb question....When SP1 comes out for Vista...it'll be like an auto-update for XP right...it wont be another purchase?

Dumb question....When SP1 comes out for Vista...it'll be like an auto-update for XP right...it wont be another purchase?

no just like if you install xp from a 2 year old cd, when you install you get sp2 update for free, you shouldnt be expected to buy a piece of software and pay to update it aswell!

If you had a DX9 card id have said xp for speed and performance, but since you have a DX10 card, sweet cpu and ram then you may aswell get vista, it will run fast on your system and also games will look awesome since its DX10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom