Xp to Vista Business Issues'

Status
Not open for further replies.

dykzeulb

In Runtime
I upgraded my dell E-510 to vista business, I am set on hardware from what I know, everything works, however now everytime I try to transfer a MP3 file to anything, listen to it, and all that jazz, I get a error saying MP3 codec is innapropriate or missing, how do I fix that? I also get a pretty bad monitor flicker, like when an error comes up, or when soemthing is being verified, and that gets a little annoying, Anyone know of anything I could do?

I did the 32 bit version of vista business, all legal

Install your video drivers. Then google for the Vista codec pack. Install that your MP3 problem should go away.

I dont know what all I need to do or go to, I just have an E510 from dell, no fancy video card or anything, a upgrade would be nice..here is all I have for my display drivers..really it is all generic listed crap, tried vista codec pack,. dont get how to use it..lol

A quick search thru the Dell website. Wow the Drivers for your video card for the E-510.

Drivers & Downloads

Wasnt that hard. There is also a bunch of other updates to your BIOS and all that you should go get and apply.

Drivers & Downloads

The Vista Codec Pack you just install. It will work after you install your drivers.

I already have all my bios drivers, went ahead and did my other ones last night, and that is not my device for the first download, installed vista codec pack, still nothing..

I already downloaded all updates for my drivers, bios, system, blah blah, uninstalled codec pack, re-installed, restarted and nothing, Windows media player plays MP# files, just nnot moto phone tools...no more screen flicker either...any help on MPT issue? I have the newest version of that, but when I go to open an MP3 file, I get an error saying, MP3 codec may be innapropriate or missing...

Well cause you are trying to play a Moto Phone Tool or .mpt file. It isnt a MP3. If it was a mp3 it would play. So basically what you are saying is that you got a mp3 for you phone. You transfered it to your PC and now it wont play. You will have to convert the file to something the PC recognizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom