5.2GHz on a Q6600 and 1750MHz RAM!!! Real!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sitting on my comp figuring out what to do with this processor so its temperature will drop below 40C at idle, core temps that is.

grrr....... I could return it............ but ......hm...... ill wait till new CPU's come out and exchange it for a better one. I got till Summer '08 to do that.

Edit: Could it be possible that the BIOS I have is reading the temps wrong? Like my mobo? Or does the mobo have to do anything with the CPU temp?

Last Edit: Anyway, Im gone. Gonna pack my computer and get it ready for tomorrow. Bye guys. Ill talk to you all on say.... Friday or Saturday.

College is gonna be sweet. LOLz, I built this computer to play games but I barely play games with it. WTF! Whats the point of having this computer? To use Microsoft Word? haha. Bye. LOLz. Not gonna overclock this CPU till I get a brand new one. Maybe get a brand new mobo and new cpu this Summer '08.

Q6600 is fast enough without overclocking it. heck, Pentium 4 is fast enough for regular task even medium rated gaming. Hope my CPU wont fry when I play Crysis on it.

Bye all. Gonna turn PC off now and put the monitor to its box.

Just stick with the on you got. The q6600 is already a great cpu and overclocking is more of a enthusiast/ superPi thing. In everyday computing you won't see any difference.

Just out of curiousity, you in highschool/college/started career?

dude pinoy3000, those gadgets u have on the right side of ur screen.........the ones that read the temps, the CPU usage as well as RAM, n weather......where did get all that? I want to know n recommend my friend to set up his computer like that n for my needs too when i get Vista in January.

everest is crap and FOS for reading temps.

and wildside for weather i use weatherbug(better than pinnoys), its pretty cool and gives more than just the weather temps.
Just search the windows gadget site and youll find plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom