Shouldn't E6600 reach 3.0Ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaundale

Baseband Member
Hi,
This is the first tie I've ever though about over clockingthe CPU as have always been happy running from the box. BUT.... Everyone tells me that the NEW Core 2 Duo CPU's love to be overclocked.
So Here's the spec:
ASROCK 4CoreDual-VSTA PT880
Coe 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz FSB 1066 4MB Cache
Scythe Samurai Z REV.B (CPU Fan)
Crucial 2Gb DDR2 667 1.8V
Hiper 530W PSU 2.2V SLI/Crossfire Cetified

With the Bios I have set the FSB from 266 to 280 and the multiplier is stuck at 9. I was hopping to have an increase but all I got was a blank screen about 5 attempts to get back to POST and then it hung again. Cleared CMOS and have NOT tried since, BUT friends have told me that I should be able to get 3Ghz from the E6600 easy. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is not working?

Also having major problems with the HD2600XT Gcard I have. It says that it can handle HDTV BUT when I bought the HD lead and then plugged into the TV I got nothing. I have downloaded Catalyst 7.8 and just now 7.9 and have tick the 1080i30 in the catalyst but nothing. I also have a blurry square in the centre of he monitor now and it's very anoying. New I should have gone for a Nvidia, this is my first ATI Gcard!

Thanks for any ideas,
Shaun.

Yea I am pretty sure all you have to do to get it to hit 3 is up the FSB to 1333 and if its not stable increase your vcore. Don't know about the other stuff

a lot of times, when you use FSB to overclock, the reason you can't overclock is because FSB is tied to RAM (and PCI/AGP in some cases) speeds, so when you increase the FSB, the RAM speeds increase as well

if you can find a ram to cpu ratio, change it so that cpu runs at 2 while ram runs at 1, or even higher on the CPU part

or you can underclock your ram at a slower MHZ so that you can test your CPU to full capacity

too bad your multi is locked, if that wasn't then you could just oc your cpu

it seems weird that intel would lock the multi, but yea, you def. need to increase your cpu voltage. I've got my e6400 from 2.13 Ghz to 3.48 Ghz stable. you should check again to see if you can lower the multiplier, then raise the clock speed.

The non-extreme chips have locked multipliers, from going higher. But you can always drop it to a certain point. Usually by 3-4.

it seems weird that intel would lock the multi, but yea, you def. need to increase your cpu voltage. I've got my e6400 from 2.13 Ghz to 3.48 Ghz stable. you should check again to see if you can lower the multiplier, then raise the clock speed.

its supposed to be locked... only EE (as b1gapl said) are unlocked.. but those are atleast 900$ and up....

but... i think your Board maybe limiting you to pushing 3.0ghz... but 600mhz.. isn't much of an increase.. trying a higher voltage...

ya know whats simply hilarious?? When i purchased MY E6600 IT Should have gotten to 3.6 Ghz Easily. And I only got it to 3.303 Ghz, simply hilarious...

Wanna know why its hilarious? Cause noone told me that the new revisions blew chunks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom