Mic (Logitech) doesnt work with sound card (Realtek)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

midniter

Solid State Member
HI guys need some help ... :p

I've Toshiba Satellite A215-4747 laptop that came pre-installed with Vista. The sound card is Realtek. I installed Xp on it and the sound stopped working. I had to download a lota audio drivers b4 i found one that gave me sound. Im trying to make the driver work with my Logitech microphone headset.
The prob is other ppl in chatrooms can barely hear me, they say my voice is v. v. faint. I opened the sound recorder and spoke a little and then listened to it. The part i whistled at I hear that ok, but the part where i spoke i can barely hear. I went into every kind of setting i could think of. Now a friend says look at what is selected as ur sound recording device and that i should make that logitech. I checked that and its says 'Realtek HD audio input' and there is no other option in the drop down menu so how can i select Logitech. ???

I'm not sure which realtek driver you may have, but go to the microphone tab in it, select "beam forming" click microphone calibration and calibrate it, when it tries to listen to your voice, speak softly so it will boost teh volume later.

In the Realtek audio setttings...when i go under the 'microphone' tab i only see...
-Noise suppression
-Acoustic Echo Cancellation
and i have them both selected.

At the left bottom corner there is an info icon
which i clicked to see this info....
-Audio driver version: 5.10.0.5470
-DriectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
-Audio COntroller: HD Audio
-Audio Codec: ALC268
-Language: Auto

I do not see the 'beam forming" :(

Status