Build time! Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
horay for quad posting!....multiple times in one thread! :D

learn to EDIT people.
looks good...don't know about the problem though

My bad my bad!

Righty, everything works! woo! Turns out I was being a muppet or something.

Formatting HD now, and taking LOOOONG.

This is a problem as its 3am, I have to be driving down the M40 by 630am, and I dont want to leave this thing running overnight (/morning technically). I can't really stop while its formatting.

Some pics:
DSC00112.jpg

Thats the Asus P5k Wifi-AP aerial on the top. spiffing!

'old versus new'

DSC00114.jpg

Kind of you to say, its just a box with some blue lights at the moment. Although I don't think I've been able to say 'I can play a modern game' for about 10 years. Always good.

right, I better see how its getting on

Oh my god you were still up at 5.30 am you nut case! haha i guess you really wanted to get it built and finished, just like i would actually, fairplay to you.

Anyway it looks great, ive owned the antec 900 for about 8months now and i still think it looks good.

Im shocked at the size of the HSF though, how on earth did you fit it inside the case, madness!

The 8800 went it with abit of room to spare didnt it? i tried my friends 8800 640mb in mine i had some space to play with, with the plastic bit out.

Great pics, especially old versus new, it makes the old one look a pile of **** doesnt it! haha

Well done with it, let us know if its running in windows ok etc, and of course download some free demos from here Demo Download Archive - GamersHell.com just to test its gaming ability's ;) id get Bioshock, Enemy territory quake wars or Battlefield 2142, something like that with great graphics and then it will test your rig to its full potential.

Enjoy the fruits of your labour!

Good job Andyf! I'm glad everything is going well. Jonny_UK was right. That TR Ultra-120 Extreme is huge in the Antec 900. It's almost hitting the top

jonny_uk said:
EDIT, whats that thing that looks like a volume knob near the dvd drive? is it a fanspeed control or something?
That's the Zalman ZM-MFC2 Fan Controller. Looks awesome...

Good job Andyf! I'm glad everything is going well. Jonny_UK was right. That TR Ultra-120 Extreme is huge in the Antec 900. It's almost hitting the top

That's the Zalman ZM-MFC2 Fan Controller. Looks awesome...

yeah i went back to his other thread with the parts list and found out, but forgot to edit my post to take that question out, never mind

I've been considering getting the TR Ultra 120 Extreme...is it possible to rotate it 90 degrees so the thermalright fan is facing the GPU and the top 240mm fan on my antec 900 is pulling air through the heatsink?

I haven't seen anyone mount it like that, but if your case allows, you can try that. See if the temperatures differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom