Build time! Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coolio. Cheers. Thanks for all the help guys, its been really great!

Another fan related question. B1gapl, you have a Zalman fan controller, right? do all the fans just go into that, or is there some funky 2-way mother board business. Incidently, I might just connect the Thermalright fan to the Zalman and be done with it. Its the probes I'm really interested in.

I don't have the Zalman fan controller, but from the picture of it, you connect the fan wires, to the 3-pin wires of the Zalman. Then you connect the 3-pin wires, to the back of the fan controller.

hmm i want to seeeeeee this NOW!!

HAHA its ok i know your busy building and typing on here at the same time, do some pictures after wards or something:D

Righty, some pics if anyones interested.
Cheers for all the help. Its been. epic. Thanks to andy muppetry of course

This first one I call:
'before the storm'
DSC00107.jpg

'I think my HSF has a hard on'
DSC00102.jpg

'Oh so lovely'

DSC00111.jpg

'The snakes are breeding!'
DSC00110.jpg

'Inital weakass attempt at keeping things out of the way'
DSC00109.jpg

Right, and thats before I get to the Zalman. Maybe later...

In the mean time! I think I'm ready for a first attempt. Any suggestions before I get going. I'll need this monitor + keyboard, so will be off for a while when I get going.

OKAAYYYY, tried to POST, everything seemed good, big hardcore whoooshy sound, blue lights, the works, but unfortunately no visuals- out of either DVI form the eVGA. A look inside shows that the GPU fan isn't turning. Bad right?

So I re-fitted the card, no joy, I think I'm going to try a different PCIe cable, but it should work a bit without th PCIe power cable, shouldn't it?

Everything else looks good, but one thing, when I first booted up, it was perfect, but subsequent boots, its gone 'wwoooo' for a half second, then died, then booted up properly. hrm.

The saga continuess....

Nope, changed the power cable, changed the power cable socket in the Corsair, no joy. I suppose I could try the other PCIe slot.

Or is this sounding like an RMA??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom