Build time! Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be a 3.5" to 2.5" grid adapter that you use for the floppy drive. Its in the box of extras. I still havent figured out what the big black plastic thing is used for. The guide that came with the case is probably one of the least descriptive manuals i have ever seen.

Ya i didnt bother putting a floppy drive in this machine, but i just remembered that it was in with the rest of the junk that i didnt use.

Yeah those screws were the wrong size, (a bit too small, wrong thread), but large enough to catch and get wedged in. Anyway, its solved now.

Cheers for all the suggestions. The 3.5" floppy, the mounting bracket and front plate just dont seem to fit together in any configuration. I just put it aside. As for why I want one, well old habits die hard:rolleyes:

The HD is sticking out a lot. Is there an optimal way of mounting it, I head of people putting it in backwards, but the SATAs mean that that orientation just makes it stick out more. Getting messy in here!

Oh, two things: I found no power light. I found no bleep speaker, or is that one of the two sound plugs (or is that HD audio or AC97??).

The HD light I plugged into the oppropriate bit of Mobo, but theres a similar plug on back of HD, do I use that instead??

Oh scrap the 3.5 stuff, Ive worked it out, I was being a muppet

Sure does get wiry quickly...

Oh yeah, turned out I was at work too late, so I couldn't deal with the M40 at 9pm on 4 hours sleep in the last 48. Bright and early tomorrow It'll have to be! Hey, means I get to play with my new toy! yay!

There should be a 3.5" to 2.5" grid adapter that you use for the floppy drive. Its in the box of extras. I still havent figured out what the big black plastic thing is used for. The guide that came with the case is probably one of the least descriptive manuals i have ever seen.

I hear you! I've given up on that completely!

Quick note for anyone 3.5ing it up with an Antec case, the bracket goes curvy bit forward.
>Sigh< time to undo another 4 screws...

Great stuff.

So what pc you on at the moment to be on the forum? crappy old thing i guess ? hehe
Dont forget to take out that wee bit of plastic if your not mounting another 120mm of your own

yeahyeah first thing I did, cheers for the tip.

Haha! fear my floppy drive, mortals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom