Core 2 Duo Vs. Core 2 Quad

Status
Not open for further replies.

massacreinfallx

Fully Optimized
Building a new computer, was origionally planning on putting the E6750 in it but then i came across the Quad core stuff. Is it worth the extra 70 bucks?

not sure, i will only be playing games on occasion and some photoshop. Dont you get better performance out of dual core for occasional gaming and stuff?

3.6ghz quadcore. Thats all im saying. If you play games AND have other programs open like ventrillo, firefox, chat programs, etc ect you will benefit from the extra cores. Future games such as crysis will also benefit from quad cores.

Hey massacreinfallx,

man...you haven't posted for ages....

Anyway, if you can afford the Q6600 without stretching the budget, then I'd say go for it. But an E6750 will do fine for your purposes.

As of now, dual core is slightly better in the gaming department, but in the future, more programs will be written and will support more than two cores.

haha okay, well who knows...those new processors are coming out soon anyways right?

but yeah ive been out of the whole computer thing for about a year now. (i got a 360 and bought a mac lol) but i dont know, macs are okay its just i miss my pc :[

if theres only a 70 dollar price differance now...come on the answer should be easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom