Dual Core CPU... Xp Home or Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulater6000

Daemon Poster
This is going to sound like a complete noobish question, but is it true that if you have a dual core cpu you can't install xp home, and you need to buy xp pro, because xp home does not support more than one core? My friend told me this, and it just does not sound right, so I would like a second opinion to prove he is an idiot.

I'm not sure about this but I think XP Home without service pack don't support dual core. But dual core support was added in Service Pack 1 for Home edition

I'm not sure about this but I think XP Home without service pack don't support dual core. But dual core support was added in Service Pack 1 for Home edition

this is correct... if you have a dual-core CPU and home.. and go to task manager (performance section.. ) it'll show the graph normally... like it would on a single core CPU or like Maroon's or my system

If you are actually going to purchase an OS, you might as well switch to Vista if your system will support it, as xp is already 7 years old and MS is really starting to push vista, so i can see xp support starting to peter out.

this is correct... if you have a dual-core CPU and home.. and go to task manager (performance section.. ) it'll show the graph normally... like it would on a single core CPU or like Maroon's or my system
Yeah on my xp sp2 on task manager its got the graph with a line going horizontally downwards to show both cores ;)

If you dont have a dx10 gpu and dont plan on getting one for a while id get xp, im only getting vista way after the first service pack comes out and when ive got a DX10 card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom