Need inexpensive, portable notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsesar

Baseband Member
If you've seen my other post, you'll know that I'm planning to build a pretty nice gaming desktop. Having said that, I think I need a good notebook, too. Here's what I'm looking for:

I need something to come in under $1000.00. I realize that my options are pretty limited at that price range.. However, I'd like to be able to take this on road trips, vacations, whatever, to access the internet, watch movies, listen to music. Because I'll have a nice gaming desktop, I don't need any serious gaming capabilities on this thing. I'd like a nice screen, no bigger than 15.4", but I'd also like it to perform well.

Any suggestions?

I would look into a Dell Vostro 1400 or 1500. Maybe an HP DV6500T, DV2500T, or DV6500Z. There are some pretty good deals going on at HP with the DV6500T.

Any current Dell laptops sold on their web-site will do. I suggest reformatting the computer when you get it, as the operating system is usually chock full of useless trial programs that just slow down your laptop. I would also suggest buying the warranty if you haven't already decided on getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom