Best monitoring/tuning software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, UPS says my CPU is gonna be here tonight sometime, so I can finally start building my new PC (gfx card will get here tomorrow, but I can take the gfx card out of the PC I'm using right now to make sure everything is working properly till I get my 8800GTS). But anyway to the point... I was wondering what's the best software to monitor/tune my PC? I already have CPU-Z, Everest, and SpeedFan (heard it snot that accurate, but so far it's been only a few degrees different at times on some things compared in Everest). What are programs that'll help me OC when/if I want to? Thanks for the help in advance guys =).

i hope you don't mean Software Overclocking... but for temp checking.. use CoreTemp... or your BIOS for more accurate reading

Use Everest, basically has everything you need to monitor your temps. Its free too. I think.... unless you get the Pro version or Ultimate. But ye..... it has other things that you might want to know about your computer specs also. And has great Benchmark stuff.

Everest and CoreTemp has both accurate readings on your CPU temp.

Yeah...don't use a program to overclock your CPU/RAM. Do that in the BIOS.

Anyway for temp monitoring, I use everest ultimate, because it gives me accurate temps on everything (cpu, mobo, vid card, etc). I used ATiTool to overclock my video card. CoreTemp works really good, and it has a really small footprint. With that being said, I prefer everest because it gives me temps/voltages for everything except my hard drives. And I believe you have to pay for everest now no matter what edition you get, I might be wrong though.

If you want to control fan speeds, speed fan might be able to do it (doesn't work for me), and your motherboard probably came with software that will allow you to monitor temps, control the CPU fan speed, and maybe overclock the processor (don't use that program to OC though). So look for some programs on the CDs that came with the mobo.

I have Everest Ultimate already...so yeah. Anyway, thanks for the recomendations, guys.

Oh, also...what are some good stress-testers/benchmarking programs? I already have 3DMark06, but what are some others?

Orthos is a nice stress program, when you overclock your CPU. It test for the stability. Theres also PCMark05, from Futuremark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom