gaming system custom build questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya.. be an original, not a copy cat and get a hd2900xt if you wanna splurge for an 8800gts 640mb, which is a waste..

i hav another question. would u reccomend a Q6600 or something like an E6750?
Is the quad core worth it? will there be REAL reasons to have quad core in the future?

I'd go with the q6600 personally. Game's are moving into the multithreading so well see a better performance rating with the multiple cores in the future. I could be wrong but i think supreme commander can use the quad core and i know crysis will. and I know Alan Wake was built for it. Not to mention the q6600 is quite affordable right now as well. theres no real reason to go against it. Unless you think an extra 3-500mhz overclockability from the dual core will make up for losing 2 cores for future games.

I'd go with the q6600 personally. Game's are moving into the multithreading so well see a better performance rating with the multiple cores in the future. I could be wrong but i think supreme commander can use the quad core and i know crysis will. and I know Alan Wake was built for it. Not to mention the q6600 is quite affordable right now as well. theres no real reason to go against it. Unless you think an extra 3-500mhz overclockability from the dual core will make up for losing 2 cores for future games.

i kinda like the idea of having the quad core (it kicks my Pentium D's *** :) ) one more thing. if i got the EVGA 680i mobo, would i need a sound card? cause my current mobo has a pretty good integrated but i have no idea how the onboard sound will be on this one

hows this look for a gaming system?

CASE: In-Win F-430 Mid-Tower 420W Case (Black Color)
CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz 1066FSB 8MB L2 Cache 64-bit
MOTHERBOARD: (Quad-Core FSB1333) EVGA nForce 680i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Optical Drive: (Special Price) 18X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: 16X DVD ROM (BLACK COLOR)
SOUND: Creative Labs SB Audigy SE
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit

thats 1,258$ or i can get it with an E6750 for 90$ less

two questions...quad core or not? vista or xp?

i hav another question. would u reccomend a Q6600 or something like an E6750?
Is the quad core worth it? will there be REAL reasons to have quad core in the future?

well i say its definitely worth it... a quad-core for sub 300? totally worth it!!

and thw q6600 is fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom