Tuniq tower or zalman with Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

kur0suto

Baseband Member
good evening guys. i was wondering which combo would be better.

i have a TT tsunami mid tower, and clubit is currently selling q6600 OEM for 273 bucks and if i buy it with the zalman 9500, it'll be 52 bucks only so together it'll be 335. with tuniq tower in newegg, it'll cost me 71 bucks shipped so yeah.

which combo shud i go with?

to be honest I was dissapointed in my tuniq, I still get like 42 celcius max for idle ( stock ) at 80 F room temp. When my rooms cold it can drop to 35 celcius max. At load it never seems to go over 52 celcius. The temp difference between my cores can be up to 10 celcius sometimes.

80 degrees in your room? That can't be comfortable.

My tuniq 's been good. My room temp is 23-25 C. My temps idle at 34. Load ave. 57. My cores usually go 34,34, 31,32 idle. 57,57,54,53 load. It hasn't been bad for me and I'm only using AS5, not MX-1.

I remember seeing some benchies comparing the HSF's performances and then another comparing the pastes. I'm not about to hunt them down in the forum though. I'll let someone else do that.

What is it with you people and quoting room temperature in farenheit and computer temperatures in celcius?

well he means that the room temp is about 26.67 C and also get thermalright ultra 120 extreme and mx-2 paste. That's a good combo but be sure to check if the heasink fits or not. Or else you might have to leave the case open.

Nah. That would cost money to change school books, educate the public, etc. If it aint broke don't fix it I say.

KurOsuto, if you've got the money to spend a bit more on the Thermalright Ultra 120 (and don't forget about having to buy the fan bc/ it's not included) then by all means do so. It might give you an extra degree or 2 but don't expect drastic results. On purely a price vs. performance consideration then the Tuniq is the way forward.

I usually give both in Celsius to avoid confusion. I believe that the whole world should just use metric, so USA can just stop throwing people off.

Really? I'm suprised at that. Even in the UK, your average Joe on the street will defend the use of imperial measurements.

It turns out that for scientific purposes, everything is metric, but buying fruit or a steak etc, is often by imperial.

Farenheit is an interesting one though. Most people in the UK are reasonably comfortable with it, but no one ever uses it. It seems to be a solely US thing.

Anyway, I'm happy with either, it just helps to be consistent :rolleyes:. That said, If I see another US steam chart with ridiculous units like 'BTUs per lb'...

oh sorry, got waaaay off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom