Antec 900 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
The 200 mm fan on the top has that small fan controller cord so I made mine about 20" longer. I just hated taking the computer apart just to change the fan speed so I made the cable long enough that the wire can go out the back so the fan controller is in the back of my computer.

Picture? Maybe you can write a work log on how you did it, to show other Antec 900 users, who might be interested.

I wish I could put a picture up but i still didn't get a cf card reader. Its not hard to do just get an corded xbox controller and use that wire. You could use a regular usb cable but it doesn't have red,black, and yellow. the xbox controller wire has yellow, black, and red cause those wires are the wires you need to extend the switch.

you think its almost silent on high but i don't. I will eventually replace all the 120mm fans with zalman 120mm blue led fans. I want my computer totally silent.

Yeah the 120's that come with it are a bit loud on high setting. The top fan really isn't that bad imho. If I get bored and feel like spending the money on something that won't matter then I'll replace the 120's for more quiet ones also. It's a non issue since I use headphones most of the time and my comp's in my study room - not the bedroom

I don't use headphones often but my speakers are really loud and good so I don't have to. Logitech z-4 are great. I don't have any of my fans on high but maybe when I switch to zalman I will.

Yeah i think the fans are quiet but because there pushing so much air THATS the "noise" that you here, so its not actually the fan motor, but my 200mm top fan died 3 days ago so ive just got the 3 120mm fans and another 120mm on the side window, so my pc is almost silent now(120mm fans on low) and my pc temps are fine so im not going to bother getting a new 200mm fan

Ps, nice mod, i know its annoying taking the cover off to change fan speeds, especially if like me you have the pc under a desk, which means i have to pull the whole thing out and take out all the wires so i can move it onto my bed for closer inspection

shoulda went with the p180 if you wanted something more quite. You could extend it with any wire. Just strip them and then solder or crimp in some other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom