Problem with WinXP, and 2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosJT

Beta member
I have a problem with my computer. First I want to say I consider myself decent when it comes to working on, and with computers. I understand all of the tech talk, etc. I built my computer a year or two ago and I'm happy with it, except the problem I have. I will list my setup then explain my problem.

cpu AthlonXp 1400+
396MB PC333 ram
ATI Radeon 7500
Creative SoundBlaster PCI 512
52x CD-Rom
52x CD-Burner
Maxtor 80GB hard drive
10/100 newtork card
antec 450 watt power supply

Ok, my problem is this. When I run Windows 2000, the computer will reboot on occasion or whenever it wishes and returns me to the logon screen. I also tried to install and use Windows XP Professional and while using XP I would get a blue screen with all kinds of code type looking stuff on the screen on occasion and at random moments. These problems happen around anywhere from 1-6 times a day and I can not find out what the problem is. I really want to use Windows XP, but I can not get anything done with these problems. Please help me. Any tips and or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

what is PC333 RAM? And next time the error shows up write it down so we can see what it is, I am assuming that your getting the dreaded "Blue Screen of Death" that windows is notorious for, you should see a code on the bottom like 0x000020400AB or some crap, let us know what that is and maybe we can provide some help

hmmm...computer restarting whenever it pleases? that seems like a characteristic of the worm that swept the world in mid-2003. do u have an anti-virus program?

hmm that could be it have u installed the critical updates ...??? if not then do so download it frm the microsoft site... and also check if all your hardware is in correct manner .... give everything a soft push....!!

The blue screen is a physical memory dump. You get these when windows has crashed for some reason.

What are you doing when you get this crash?? Does it always happen during the same process, or does it happen all over?

memory chip issue...replace your memory should work...

if you have 2 chips remove one watch for the issue...if no issue replace with the other....watch for issue...most likely it will be a memory problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom