Need help with a build..

Status
Not open for further replies.
u do know tt120 means tuniq tower 120.. for the thermalright we say.. thermalright 120extreme

Awesome - thanks for the help guys. I may indeed go with the build b1gapl provided.

I've been thinking about getting a laptop for awhile now but I was concerned about being able to play games on it or whatever. Instead, I thought "why not have a nice gaming desktop and a good travel notebook?" So I think I'll get a low-end notebook ($900.00) and the nice gaming desktop. It'll come out to be about the same I would have paid for a high-end gaming notebook except with this, I'll have MUCH better performance on the desktop and still have the convenience of the notebook. Thanks!

Oh, btw, will cooling be okay in this thing? Like I said before, that was one of my biggest problems with my current system.... **** I'll just tell you. I bought an Athlon XP 2800+ awhile back and instead of being able to run it at the standard 200MHz FSB that my mobo allows, I have to run it at 100MHz. The computer won't even turn on at 200MHz and the anti-burn safety kicks in on both 166MHz and 133MHz. Anyway, I'm nervous that if I build another system, I won't be able to use it to its full potential. Also I'm not terribly comfortable with the CPU paste.. haha.

^ hey whats wrong with me :(

anyways... i also had issues with applying thermal paste... but just remember... a rice grain or a dot is enough.. and the Tuniq tower 120 is one of the best CPU coolers around, its made really warm Quad-Cores go into the 30's on idle and 50's on Load.. now thats good cooling

Oh, I feel as though I should mention something... My current LCD monitor has a max resolution of 1440x900. Does this make a difference in the GPU I should get? I mean, if I'm not running super-high resolutions, I can probably get by with the 8800 GTX instead of the Ultra, right?

With the GTX you'll just run through any game, like butter on that resolution. The GTS is more suited for that kind of resolution though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom