temperature help

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmly

Solid State Member
Maybe I am being overly paranoid but..

I just build my computer yesterday, I checked my cpu temp in bios and it says 20 degrees Celsius which is cool but lower than room temp. Odd to me. Plus right now my cpu fan speed says 750 rpm and I have it turned to max, yesterday it was around 2300 rpm, also when I boot up I notice that the fan turns off and it almost looks like it is struggling to spin every once in a while.

Please help. What should I do?

My Rig:
Q6600 G0
TT120
P35-DS3R
4x 1gb crucial ram 800
evga 8800 gts 320

20C idle? Stock too? wow...If that's true, then your room must be really cold. What does Core Temp or Everest report?

I have not been able to get coretemp to work, I am running vista x64 and it gives me some sort of missing driver message. I ran the easy tune 5 that came on the gigabyte cd and it says 15 degrees celsius with the system temp at 38 degrees celsius. I will try everest next.

thanks.

everest gives me readings of
CPU 1 27C
CPU 2 26C
CPU 3 23C
CPU 4 25C

Cpu fan rpm is 872.

everest gives me readings of
CPU 1 27C
CPU 2 26C
CPU 3 23C
CPU 4 25C

Cpu fan rpm is 872.

I get those temperatures, with my Q6600 stock. So what are you actually worried about? These temperatures are excellent. You have so much headroom to overclock.

grimmly said:
hiper 580w

I have the same power supply as well. :)

My main worry was the cpu fan shutting off, but it seems to be running fine at 950ish rpm. I think I may had a setting on that turned off the fan if below 20 degrees celsius.

Thanks for the input, ill be overclocking soon. :D

There's probably an option in your BIOS that shuts off your fan after it goes under a certain temp. Did you try updating the BIOS yet?

Okay, plug the tt120 into a sys_fan 3 pin slot instead of the cpu_fan 4 pin slot to get to full speed (hopefully). As for Easytune 5, add 5 degrees on idle and around 5-6 degrees on load to get accurate temps, it shows a little bit lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom